Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Graduation Speech

      Hello, now I don't know about you, but I am a little nervous, yeah, who could be nervous speaking in front of a crowd of people. That is not the only reason I am nervous, I am graduating, moving on with my life, I won't see many of my classmates for a while and that, that makes me a little nervous, sitting in these seats is very nerve-racking, it seems like yesterday we were all in Mrs. Valerie's class learning: 'when in doubt right click', or in Mrs. Raker’s class learning about the zombie geese. For many students the one piece of advice they do remember from freshman year is 'when in doubt right click'. What exactly happens when one 'right clicks'? Well a drop down menu appears with options to choose from such as copy, paste, bookmark, back, etc. all of these options are useful in some way, whether it is to get a picture or to help get unstuck. We have been through a lot as a class, teachers have been leaving left and right, (I think they might not like us that much) and some of our fellow students that we spent the years growing up with left for other schools. After today we are going to be symbolic adults going into what is called the “real world”, this can be difficult for some students, but if we can become the leaders of our school I know that we can make it. We just need to remember that enough is enough and a pinch can sometimes turn into a jungle, we are not always right we are wrong, and we have to know when to admit it. We need to look on the bright side, don’t go to the dark side the lied about the cookies. Seniors we need to know how to right click, to save that moment in our mind, and how to right click to understand what we did wrong, we need to right click.

No comments:

Post a Comment